Planning to attend Loessfest 2018? Here is what you should know!
Council Bluffs, IOWA — May 23, 2018 — Loessfest, presented by the City of Council Bluffs and the Iowa West Foundation, kicks off summer on Friday! Please see the information below so all guests can have a safe, smooth and successful kick-off to their Memorial Day weekend at Loessfest:
As always, thanks to our many sponsors, Loessfest is FREE! The events are held at Tom Hanafan River’s Edge Park.
Below is the 2018 Loessfest lineup of events. Details of each event can be found at Loessfest.com:
- Parking is available on both sides of the river for all Loessfest events, including the parking lot just north of Harrah’s Casino and in Harrah’s parking garage. See our Parking and Directions webpage.
- Please note, due to construction, there is very limited parking available and limited access to the park from River’s Edge Development area off Avenue B or N 41st Street, just east of the Great Lawn.
J&M Displays Fireworks App
- Guests can listen to the fireworks music even if they aren’t in the park! Download the J&M Displays app. Select the Loessfest display on May 27, and the app will play the music to the fireworks at the time of the fireworks show.
Food, Drinks, Coolers:
- Food and drinks will be available for purchase. A large outdoor “Food Court” will be at many events, offering a wide variety of concessions.
- Coolers are allowed in the park, but only consisting of food and soft drinks – not alcohol.
- Beer and wine will be available for sale in the park at most events. Coolers and large containers will be searched at the park’s entrance. If alcohol is found, you will be required to return it to your vehicle or it will be confiscated.
What you may need to know:
- Blankets and lawn chairs are allowed. However, no tents, awnings or lawn chairs with shade awnings are allowed. Plastic sheets, tarps and other similar items do not qualify as blankets.
- Help us give everyone a fair chance to enjoy a spot on the Great Lawn and put down only the size and number of blankets you absolutely need. No stakes are allowed to hold down blankets.
- Consider staying in the park to save your spot.
- Please remove blankets and chairs directly after the concert. The park is lighted so picking up your site is easy.
- We will not be responsible for any lost or stolen items in the park.
- No signs, banners or anything that sticks up in the air will be allowed. Please be mindful of others’ view of the stage.
- Well-behaved dogs on a short leash are permitted, but it is not recommended that you bring them.