Planning to attend Loessfest? Here is what you should know!
Council Bluffs, IOWA — May 26, 2016 — Loessfest, presented by the City of Council Bluffs, the Iowa West Foundation and American National Bank, kicks off summer this Saturday! Please read the information below so all guests can have a safe, smooth and successful kick-off to their Memorial Day weekend at Loessfest:
As always, thanks to our many sponsors, Loessfest is FREE!
- All events are free for spectators! The only events that have registration fees are the Run Loess Half Marathon and 5K and the GolfFest Golf Tournament.
NEW times for when the park opens:
- The park opens at 5 p.m. on Saturday, May 28 for the FREE Imagination Movers concert, followed by the FREE showing of Inside Out.
- The park opens at 4 p.m. on Sunday, May 29 for the FREE Kool & The Gang concert, with special guest Atlanta Rhythm Section.
- The park opens at 5 p.m. on Monday, May 30 for the FREE Omaha Symphony concert, followed by fireworks.
NEW: Sock and blanket drive:
- Bring your socks and blankets! American National Bank will be collecting them on Sunday, May 29, and Monday, May 30, to donate to Heartland Family Service. The socks and blankets will provide basic needs items to individuals and families experiencing crisis, financial hardship, or homelessness. Celebrate Good Works, Come on!
NEW Parking information – lot under construction and bike corral:
- Parking is available on both sides of the river for all Loessfest events, including the parking lot just north of Harrah’s Casino and in Harrah’s parking garage.
- Please note, due to construction, there is no longer parking available or access to the park from the old Playland Park area off Avenue B, just east of the Great Lawn.
- Ride your bicycle! Thanks to Omaha Bikes, cyclists can ride to Tom Hanafan River’s Edge Park and valet their bikes FOR FREE on Sunday, May 29 and Monday, May 30. A bike corral will be set up to hold the bikes, so festival-goers enjoy their time without the worry.
Food, Drinks, Coolers:
- Food and drinks will be available for purchase. A large outdoor “Food Court” will offer a wide variety of concessions.
- Coolers are allowed in the park, but only consisting of food and soft drinks – not alcohol.
- No coolers, outside food or beverages are allowed during Taste of Omaha June 3 – 5.
- Beer and wine will be available for sale in the park. Coolers and large containers will be searched at the park’s entrance. If alcohol is found, you will be required to return it to your vehicle or it will be confiscated.
- Blankets and lawn chairs are allowed. However, no tents, awnings or lawn chairs with shade awning are allowed. Plastic sheets, tarps and other similar items do not qualify as blankets.
- Help us give everyone a fair chance to enjoy a spot on the Great Lawn and put down only the size and number of blankets you absolutely need. No stakes are allowed to hold down blankets.
- Consider staying in the park to save your spot.
- Please remove blankets and chairs directly after the concert. The park is lighted so picking up your site is easy.
- We will not be responsible for any lost or stolen items in the park.
- No signs, banners or anything that sticks up in the air will not be allowed. Please be mindful of others view of the stage.
- Dogs on a short leash and well-behaved are permitted but it is not recommended that you bring them.
Below is the Loessfest lineup of events. Details of each event can be found at their respective page on this website.
- Saturday, May 28: Run Loess Half Marathon and 5K at 8 a.m.
- Saturday, May 28: Riverfront Block Party featuring Disney Junior’s Imagination Movers free concert at 7:30 p.m. and movie in the park: Disney Pixar’s Inside Out at 9 p.m.
- Sunday, May 29: Kool & the Gang with special guest Atlanta Rhythm Section. The free concert begins at 7 p.m.
- Monday, May 30: Fireworks for Freedom Omaha Symphony Concert at 8 p.m. A fireworks show set to music will follow the free Omaha Symphony Concert.
- Tuesday, May 31: Bike the Bluffs –The ride starts at 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 1: Movie in the Park: Raiders of the Lost Ark at 9 p.m.
- Thursday, June 2: #ThrowbackThursday featuring The Return of Sprite Night – featuring Sweet 98 DJ Hot Scott and a free concert by The 70’s Show at 7 p.m.
- Friday, June 3 through Sunday, June 5: Taste of Omaha on the Riverfront – Activities at Tom Hanafan Rivers Edge Park on Saturday, June 4.
- Sunday, June 5: GOLFFEST
- Every Night: Rays Interactive Light Environment