Planning to attend Loessfest 2017? Here is what you should know!
Loessfest, presented by the City of Council Bluffs and the Iowa West Foundation, kicks off summer on Friday, May 26! Please read the information below so all guests can have a safe, smooth and successful kick-off to their Memorial Day weekend at Loessfest:
As always, thanks to our many sponsors, Loessfest is FREE! All events are free for spectators!
NEW times for when the park opens for concerts:
- The park opens at 4 p.m. on Friday, May 26 for the FREE KC and the Sunshine Band Concert with special guest Bluffett. Concert begins at 7 p.m.
- The park opens at 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 27 for the FREE Country Rocks the River Concert starring American Idol Winner Trent Harmon with special guests Belles and Whistles and Maiden Dixie. Concert begins at 5:30 p.m.
- The park opens at 4 p.m. on Sunday, May 28 for the FREE Omaha Symphony concert, followed by fireworks and showing of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
NEW Parking information – lot under construction:
- Parking is available on both sides of the river for all Loessfest events, including the parking lot just north of Harrah’s Casino and in Harrah’s parking garage.
- Please note, due to construction, there is very limited parking available and limited access to the park from the old Playland Park area off Avenue B, just east of the Great Lawn.
NEW J&M Displays Fireworks App
- Guests can listen to the fireworks music now, even if they aren’t in the park! Download the J&M Displays app from the Apple or Google Play store. Select the Loessfest display on May 28, and the app will play the music to the fireworks at the time of the fireworks show. This is the first time the app will be used in our area!
Food, Drinks, Coolers:
- Food and drinks will be available for purchase. A large outdoor “Food Court” will offer a wide variety of concessions.
- Coolers are allowed in the park, but only consisting of food and soft drinks – not alcohol.
- Beer and wine will be available for sale in the park at most events. Coolers and large containers will be searched at the park’s entrance. If alcohol is found, you will be required to return it to your vehicle or it will be confiscated.
- Blankets and lawn chairs are allowed. However, no tents, awnings or lawn chairs with shade awning are allowed. Plastic sheets, tarps and other similar items do not qualify as blankets.
- Help us give everyone a fair chance to enjoy a spot on the Great Lawn and put down only the size and number of blankets you absolutely need. No stakes are allowed to hold down blankets.
- Consider staying in the park to save your spot.
- Please remove blankets and chairs directly after the concert. The park is lighted so picking up your site is easy.
- We will not be responsible for any lost or stolen items in the park.
- No signs, banners or anything that sticks up in the air will not be allowed. Please be mindful of others view of the stage.
- Well-behaved dogs on a short leash are permitted, but it is not recommended that you bring them.
Below is the 2017 Loessfest lineup of events.